Chocolate layer cake with peanut butter and raspberries
Ready in 2 hours
Surprise your (non-keto) guests with this keto chocolate layer cake with peanut butter and raspberries, and be ready to get questions to create this cake for their birthdays too 😉 This ketolicious chocolate pie consists of two layers of an avocado chocolate cake, with a nut butter – raspberry layer in between. In other words: THE ULTIMATE KETO BIRTHDAY CAKE.
I created this cake for my 24th birthday, and I am so enthusiastic about its outcome. This chocolate layer cake is (besides keto) gluten free, free of sugars, and even vegan! Say what?! There’s no doubt that everyone will fall in love with this avocado chocolate cake. Since it contains so many ingredients, and consists of 2 layers, you only need a small piece per serving.
Note: Do be aware of the fact that this pie is quite expensive to make due to its ingredients. It will also take some preparation time, but the end result is really worth it!
Ingredients for 1 keto chocolate layer cake pie with 2 layers (20 servings)
For the Dutchies amongst us: of some products you can find a link to Body & Fitshop, where you can buy the product!
I used a 28 centimeter cake spring form. You can also decide to create a thicker pie by using a smaller spring form.
Ingredients for the cake batter
- 540 grams white almond flour
- 30 grams psyllium husk
- 300 grams erythritol
- 2 ripe avocados
- 350 grams coconut oil or ghee
- 500 millilitres unsweetened almond milk
- 80 grams cacao powder
- 200 grams 85% cacao chocolate
- 2 teaspoons both of: cinnamon and cardamon
- 2 tablespoons both of: chia seeds and flax seeds
- 1-2 cups of coffee
- 5 drops of stevia
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons salt
Ingredients for the nut-raspberry layer and topping
- 50 grams coconut oil
- 175 grams nut butter
- 95 grams hazelnuts
- 20 grams coconut flakes
- 100 grams raspberries
- 50 grams blackberries
How to make this beautiful chocolate layer cake
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Mix the following dry ingredients altogether in a large bowl: almond flour, psyllium husk, erythritol, cacao powder, cinnamon, cardamon, salt, baking powder, chia seeds, and flax seeds.
- Add the baking soda, vanilla extract, and apple cider vinegar into the mixture.
- Then, warm up the chocolate together with the coconut oil on low fire until both melted.
- Add the almond milk to the dry-ingredient-mix, followed by the melted chocolate & coconut oil, then pour over the 2 cups of coffee. Mix all of these ingredients well until a nice smooth batter develops.
- Mash the avocados, and add this to the dough. Again, mix well until a nice batter consistency develops.
- Place baking paper into the baking form, and pour half of the batter into the baking form.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the dough doesn’t stick to a toothpick anymore.
- In the meantime, make the in-between-layer: warm up 50 grams coconut oil, and mix well with the nut butter and 50 grams mashed raspberries. Store in the fridge.
- After the first cake is baked and cooled off, take it out of the form. Cover its top with the nut-raspberry-coconut spread. Save some of it for the topping.
- Bake the other cake in 30-40 minutes too. Then, after baking and cooling off, place it on top of the other cake.
- Lastly, cover the top of the cake with the rest of the nut-raspberry-coconut spread, and top it off with the coconut flakes, chopped hazelnuts, raspberries, and blackberries.
Variations: you can vary with the amounts of flour, sweeteners, and herbs. Leave out the avocado or coffee to create another structure / texture / taste. If you want to reduce the amount of calories, it’s best to use a bit less chocolate, and leave out the 2 avocados. You can also create 2 different layers, for example one chocolate-flavoured and one vanilla-flavoured.
Nutritional serving per piece (1 pie = 20 pieces)
- 559 calories
- 51,4 grams of fat
- 11,3 grams of protein
- 7 grams of carbs
- 8,9 grams of fiber
Are you a chocolate lover?