Coconut keto pancakes with chocolate
Ready in 20 minutes
There’s no better weekend breakfast than these coconut keto pancakes with chocolate! And guess what? They may look sweet and sugary, but they are 100% keto friendly! These pancakes are a bit fluffier and lighter than my other pancake recipe, since there’s no cream cheese in this recipe. So it’s up to you what kind of structure you prefer 🙂 Be aware of the fact that this recipe is more a brunch recipe, and covers both your breakfast ánd lunch macros!
Ingredients for 2 coconut keto pancakes with chocolate sauce
For the Dutchies amongst us: of some products you can find a link to Body & Fitshop, where you can buy the product!
- 2 large eggs
- 40 millilitres unsweetened cream
- 2 teaspoons erythritol
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 grams psyllium husk
- 30 grams white almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 20 grams chocolate 85% cacao
- 10 grams grass fed butter
- Bit of salt
- Topping: coconut rasp / flakes, raspberries & blackberries
How to bake these keto chocolate pancakes
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
- Whip the unsweetened cream, and combine with the egg yolks in a large bowl. Mix until a smooth batter develops.
- Beat the egg whites with a mixer. Then, add the almond flour, erythritol, psyllium husk, baking powder, and salt and mix altogether.
- Combine the egg-yolk mixture with the egg-white mixture, and mix again until smooth.
- Use a pan on low-fire to melt the coconut oil together with the chocolate, until it gets the texture of a chocolate sauce.
- While keeping an eye on the chocolate sauce, melt butter in a non-stick frying pan on low-medium fire. Pour half of the batter into the pan. Don’t make your pancakes too thick!
- Bake for about 2-3 minutes, then gently flip to the other side and bake for another 2 minutes on the other side.
- Serve the pancakes with the chocolate sauce, some coconut rasp, and some raspberries & blackberries. Yum!
Variations: there are many ways to bake low-carb pancakes. If you prefer a ‘heavier’ pancake, use cream cheese instead of almond flour. You can also bake savoury pancakes! Just leave out the erythritol, and chocolate sauce. Instead pick spices like rosemary, cumin or chives. Then, use shredded cheese instead of coconut flakes to top it off!
Nutritional value per 2 coconut keto pancakes with chocolate
- 754 calories
- 65 grams of fat
- 22 grams of protein
- 8 grams of carbs
- 8 grams of fiber
Other breakfast recipes you will love!
These vanilla pancakes are worth trying too!
If you like it fluffy, then you definitely need to bake this cinnamon coffee cake as well.