Keto cinnamon rolls
Ready in 30-40 minutes
The recipe for these keto cinnamon rolls was created in one morning, without feeling the need to adjust anything! I’m super curious whether you’ll love them as much as I do. These rolls are super fluffy, not too sweet but extremely delicious.
Ingredients for 8 mini Keto cinnamon rolls
For the Dutchies amongst us: of some products you can find a link to Body & Fitshop, where you can buy the product!
For the batter
- 125 grams shredded mozzarella
- 50 grams white almond flour
- 7 grams psyllium husk
- 1 egg
- 50 grams cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50 millilitres unsweetened cream
- bit of salt
- few drops vanilla extract
For the filling
- 25 grams erythritol
- 50 millilitres boiled water
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 20 grams melted grass fed butter
For the frosting
- 2 tablespoons full fat greek yoghurt
- 1 drop of stevia
Let’s roll those Keto cinnamon buns!
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Separate egg yolk from egg white.
- Beat egg white together with the unsweetened cream, and mix well until stiff.
- Mix all dry ingredients from the batter, and add the egg yolk.
- Melt the cream cheese together with the shredded mozzarella, and add to the egg-yolk-mixture.
- Then, mix the egg-white-mixture with the egg-yolk-mixture until a smooth consistency develops.
- Form 4 balls from this dough. Flatten them with your hands, and place them on baking paper on a baking tray. Form large strips.
- Bake these strips for 5 minutes in the oven.
- In the meantime, boil water, and mix this with erythritol, cinnamon powder, and melted grass fed butter. This glaze is your filling.
- Take the flatten dough strips out of the oven, and spread the glaze on these strips. Roll those strips the way cinnamon rolls are.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the full fat greek yoghurt with stevia. This is your frosting!
- Take the cinnamon rolls out of the oven, slice into halves, and top them off with your frosting 🙂
Variations: no variations needed! But you can always add more or less sweetener. You can also vary with frostings. It is possible to use cream cheese instead of greek yoghurt for example.
Nutritional value per 2 small keto cinnamon rolls
- 337 calories
- 30 grams of fat
- 13 grams of protein
- 2 grams of carbs
- 3 grams of fiber
Other recipes with cinnamon!
Cinnamon coffee cake: perfect for when you’re expecting guests, and looking for a keto-friendly coffee snack
Keto cinnamon buns for breakfast.
What is your favourite recipe with cinnamon? Let me know!