Ready in 40 minutes
Aaaahh these Keto kruidnoten are the ultimate low-carb version of the regular high-carb kruidnoten. Kruidnoten are a typical Dutch tradition treat, that people eat during the early December Sinterklaas festivities. Normally, kruidnoten consist of sugar, butter, spices, and wheat flour. Luckily, it is super easy to make a Keto proof version! Try these small, round-shaped, spiced cookies yourself 🙂
Ingredients for about 50 Keto kruidnoten
For the Dutchies amongst us: of some products you can find a link to Body & Fitshop, where you can buy the product!
- 200 grams white almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50 grams erythritol
- Bit of salt
- 1-2 tablespoon speculaaskruiden (a mix of cinnamon, coriander, nutmeg, ginger, and cardamon)
- 70 grams grass fed butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter, and add this together with the almond milk, to the dry mix.
- Form small round-shaped balls with your hands and flatten them on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Let the kruidnoten cool down before serving.
Variations: I used grass fed butter, but you can also use ghee or coconut oil. If you use coconut oil, the recipe is also vegan! More a fan of bigger cookies? Just form larger balls (in this case, you will lose the traditional size of the kruidnoten ;)).
Nutritional value per 10 Keto kruidnoten
- 341 calories
- 31,4 grams of fat
- 3,6 grams of carbs
- 8,6 grams of protein
- 5 grams of fiber
Looking for more snack recipes?
Maybe you or your friend will be having a birthday soon. If so, surprise yourself or your friend with this ultimate Keto birthday cake!
Do you feel like eating something cheesy and savoury? Then these cheese buns are your match!