Keto oliebollen to kick start the new year!
Ready in 30 minutes
2019 is just around the corner, so keto oliebollen are a must! Since oliebollen are a typical deep fried Dutch tradition made of wheat or another type of dough high in carbs, I just needed to make these ones keto-friendly. And here you go! A super easy recipe, and the greatest thing is: not deep fried, but made in the oven!
Ingredients for 10 keto oliebollen
For the Dutchies amongst us: of some products you can find a link to Body & Fitshop, where you can buy the product!
- 175 grams white almond flour
- 40 grams coconut flour
- 10 grams psyllium husk
- 200 grams ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg, cardamon, and cinnamon
- 50 grams of erythritol
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Optional: 100 millilitres unsweetened whipped cream
- Powdered stevia
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl (almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, spices, psyllium husk, erythritol). Melt ricotta cheese, and mix together with the dry ingredients.
- Then, beat the eggs (both egg white as yold) until foamy, and add this as well. Mix well, until you get a smooth dough-like texture. If the dough is too thin or watery, add some more almond flour. If it’s too thick, add some more ricotta.
- Cover a baking tray with baking paper.
- Form dough balls with your hands, and place them on the baking tray. Dazzle with the olive oil.
- Bake the oliebollen for about 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Take them out of the oven to cool down. In the mean time, whip cream until stiff.
- Optional: cut the oliebollen in halves, and use a spoon to cover one half with a layer of cream. Then, place the other half on top!
- Top them off with some powdered stevia.
Variation: try to vary with different spices! You can also experiment with using full-fat greek yogurt instead of ricotta, or changing the amounts of flour.
Nutritional value per oliebol (without whipped cream)
- 197 calories
- 16 grams of fat
- 3 grams of carbs
- 8 grams of protein
- 4 grams of fiber
Looking for other keto snacks to eat during New Years Eve?
Serve this cinnamon cake if you’re expecting guests during coffee time
Try these savoury keto cheese breads with rosemary if you don’t crave something sweet