Ultimate keto buns
Ready in 20 minutes
Looking for the ultimate keto buns that can be eaten both sweet as savoury? Stop searching, because I’ve discovered a perfect recipe that can easily be adjusted to taste. These buns are high in fiber and have a naturel taste. In addition, the recipe is quick ánd simple plus the buns can be stored in the freezer.
Ingredients for 2 large ultimate keto buns
For the Dutchies amongst us: of some products you can find a link to Body & Fitshop, where you can buy the product!
- 50 grams cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 75 grams mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 60 grams white almond flour
- 1 teaspoon erythritol (not necessary)
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husk (5 grams)
- Bit of salt
How to make these natural keto buns
- Preheat the oven to 175-200 degrees, and place baking paper on a baking tray.
- Separate egg whites from egg yolks, and whisk the egg whites in a bowl.
- Melt the cream cheese and mozzarella together in a microwave or in a pan on low-heat.
- Then, mix the almond flour, baking powder, chia seeds, flax seeds, erythritol, psyllium husk, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the egg whites, and the melted cream cheese-mozzarella mixture to the flour-mixture. Use a mixer until a smooth structure develops.
- Finally, mix the egg yolks into the structure. You may find the consistency a bit sticky, but this is actually fine. Just wash your hands afterwards 😉
- Form 2 balls. Place them on the baking tray. Then bake for about 15 minutes in the oven.
- The buns absolutely taste best when eating warm with some melted butter!
Variations: add some cinnamon, cardamon and vanilla powder for a sweeter bun. If you like it more savoury, add rosemary, cumin, garlic powder, and / or red bell pepper.
Nutritional value per ultimate keto bun (without any toppings)
- 477 calories
- 39 grams of fat
- 23 grams of protein
- 3,6 grams of carbs
- 8 grams of fiber
Looking for more keto bun recipes?
These cinnamon buns take a bit longer to prepare, but taste heavenly too!
Try some cheesy buns with rosemary if you are more a savoury type.